Hello, my name is Shawn McClearn and this is my first blog. What can you expect from it? Well, I think this following list will go a long way towards answering that question:
- Why? Well, there are a lot of reasons, but the biggest one is that I don’t actually make anything. Writing and editing a blog will start changing that.
- It’s All About Me – Some blogs focus on a particular subject, but I don’t have the wherewithal to focus on just one thing. Unless, of course, that one thing is me.
- Nerd City – My ‘geek streak’ is a mile wide. I still read comics regularly and play Dungeons & Dragons from time-to-time. Impassioned arguments about Star Wars trilogy excite me. I’m also a budding history nerd who listens to numerous history podcasts and am frequently reading a history book. If you’re looking for cool, you have come to the wrong place.
- Snark – I can’t help but sneer. It’s a coping mechanism. It’s also the default attitude of our era, so at least I’m not alone. That’s something, right. Right?
- Chaos! (Kinda Sorta) – The look, feel, and subjects of this blog will be changing frequently. True to the title, I’ll be making this up as I go along. Content-wise, I’ll be attempting to find my “voice” and it will likely take me a while for me to get to that point (if ever).
- “Bruxism”, a Fun Word to Say – It’s such a nice word for such a gnarly sound, that sound being the grinding of one’s teeth while sleeping.
- I Reserve the Right to Change My Mind – Nothing I say should be taken as gospel. I might settle on a look and feel on this blog once and for all in the near future. I might also find only one or two subject to focus on. Time will tell.
Study hard people, there’ll be a quiz later on.